Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Oreon is a Dutch innovative developer and manufacturer of high-tech LED grow lights for greenhouse horticulture. Oreon started researching and intensively testing the fixtures nearly 15 years ago. The first commercial project involving the use of the unique water-cooling concept of the LED fixtures in a greenhouse was completed in 2009. Since then, Oreon’s LED fixtures have been used above different types of crops all over the world. Because of the unique water-cooling technology, the fixture not only produces a lot of light but also the right spectrum for each crop. LED fixtures can fully replace the existing, traditional lighting in a greenhouse or can be used in combination with them. In view of the globally rising demand for greenhouse lighting and the desire to consume less energy, Oreon creates a wide range of options for new, efficient and innovative lighting with its LED grow lights.
At the R&D department at our office in IJsselstein we have a vacancy for a
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (40 hours/week)
In the position of sr. mechanical constructor you work together in the R&D team that consists of 5 colleagues and yourself. You are involved in the development of new products of Oreon where you, as a constructor, are partly responsible for managing the master assemblies in 3D CAD, making tolerance analyzes to ensure that manufactured parts fit together and you have frequent contact with suppliers about parts. You will fulfill a proactive role to provide solutions to design problems.
You have a broad interest in LED technology and are able to give guidance to complex development processes. You work independently, but you are also able to lead internal project groups. You support our sales team and you are jointly responsible for communication with our customers. Some experience with technology in greenhouse horticulture is therefore a great advantage.
As a sr. mechanical engineer you maintain contacts with existing suppliers and you are able to source new suppliers yourself in the event of new developments. This includes assessing samples and the assembling prototypes. You are a technical centipede, a self-starter and also able to explain complex technical aspects in understandable language to colleagues and possibly also customers and relations.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or a related subject;
- You have experience with building and developing installations;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with 3D CAD systems (Solidworks, ProE, etc.);
- Knowledge of LED technology is an advantage;
- You have an excellent command of spoken and written Dutch as well as English;
- You are a self-starter, you demonstrate entrepreneurship and you are decisive.
What do we offer?
- Good primary and secondary terms and conditions of employment;
- A well-equipped, modern technical working environment;
- A good and informal work atmosphere in a pleasant, international team;
- A job with growth potential in an international environment full of opportunities.
Do you have any questions about the details of this vacancy?
Please contact Twan Mennink (Chief Technical Officer) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you feel enthusiastic after reading this vacancy?
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Joost Gielen via email@example.com.
IJsselstein, April 2021
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.