Oreon is a Dutch innovative developer and manufacturer of high-tech LED grow lights for greenhouse horticulture. Oreon started researching and intensively testing the fixtures nearly 15 years ago. The first commercial project involving the use of the unique water-cooling concept of the LED fixtures in a greenhouse was completed in 2009. Since then, Oreon’s LED fixtures have been used above different types of crops all over the world. Because of the unique water-cooling technology, the fixture not only produces a lot of light but also the right spectrum for each crop. LED fixtures can fully replace the existing, traditional lighting in a greenhouse or can be used in combination with them. In view of the globally rising demand for greenhouse lighting and the desire to consume less energy, Oreon creates a wide range of options for new, efficient and innovative lighting with its LED grow lights.
At the R&D department at our office in IJsselstein we have a vacancy for a
Mechanical Engineer (40 hours/week)
In your role of mechanical engineer you are part of the R&D team, which consists of four colleagues and yourself. You are involved in the development of new Oreon products, and your responsibilities as a mechanical engineer include controlling the master assemblies in 3D CAD, producing tolerance analyses to ensure that manufactured parts fit together and having frequent contact with suppliers about parts. You have a proactive role in suggesting solutions for design issues.
As a mechanical engineer you also design and build a range of different installations that will subject our products to very strict tests, which will frequently require knowledge of control technology. You enjoy getting your hands dirty now and again, and you therefore don’t hesitate to do some milling or turning in the workshop yourself.
You also play an important part in the national and international certification of the products and processing the relevant documentation, and you also participate in the different project teams within the organisation, including commercial ones.
As a mechanical engineer you maintain contacts with existing suppliers and are able to source new suppliers yourself in the case of new developments. Assembling prototypes and assessing samples also form part of this.
You are a technical allrounder, a self-starter and you are also able to explain complex, technical aspects to colleagues and possibly also customers and business contacts in understandable language.
- A completed university of applied sciences degree programme (Dutch HBO) in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or a related subject;
- You have experience with building and developing installations;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with 3D CAD systems (Solidworks, ProE, etc.);
- Knowledge of LED technology is an advantage;
- You have an excellent command of spoken and written Dutch as well as English;
- You are a self-starter, you demonstrate entrepreneurship and you are decisive.
What do we offer?
- Good primary and secondary terms and conditions of employment;
- A well-equipped, modern technical working environment;
- A good and informal work atmosphere in a pleasant, international team;
- A job with growth potential in an international environment full of opportunities.
Do you have any questions about the details of this vacancy?
Please contact Twan Mennink (Chief Technical Officer) via email@example.com.
Do you feel enthusiastic after reading this vacancy?
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Joost Gielen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
IJsselstein, January 2021
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.